- Create a new device by visiting the link and enter the desired device ID and secret for your product.
- Refer to Devices page for instructions to create a new device.
- Note down the device id, secret and account id displayed after creating a new device. You will need a Product Company specific Cirrent account to create a new device.
- Extract the CA_ZipKey_ANDROID tar file to your local machine. The tar file contains the cirrent APK, personalize_android script and a Cirrent directory.
- Connect to Android TV by adb using Ethernet IP address or USB cable by executing the following command. You will need to enable USB debugging on your Android device.
adb connect ETHERNET_IP_ADDRESS_OF_ANDROID_ON_SAME_SUBNET
- Run the personalize_android.sh script on your linux machine while connected to adb over Ethernet or USB and enter the Device credentials created in Step 1.
- Make sure the credentials created in Step 1 matches the contents of file /sdcard/Cirrent/keys/credential.key file on the Android device.
- If you have trouble running the personalize_android.sh on windows, then perform step 6 and 7 otherwise proceed to step 8.
- Push the Cirrent directory to Android using "adb push Cirrent /sdcard".
- Change the device credentials in the file "/sdcard/Cirrent/keys/credentials.key" using "vi" or any other text editor via adb shell
adb install PATH_TO_CIRRENT_APK
- Setup test networks by following the instructions Setting up test networks
adb shell am startservice -n com.cirrent.backgroundservice/.CirrentBackgroundService
- Remove the Ethernet cable and reboot the Android device, the Android device will connect to a nearby ZipKey-PSK network.
- The cirrent service will be started in the background. You can check the status on the device explorer page by entering the device id created in step 1 and click the Explore button. The status will be updated few minutes after you reboot the android device.
- If you don't see the updates on the device explorer page,
- Make sure that the cirrent APK is installed by running the following command over Ethernet or USB
adb shell pm list packages | grep cirrent
- Make sure that the cirrent service is running by typing in "ps -A | grep cirrent" in adb over Ethernet, if not then run the command in step 10 again.
- Disable SELINUX on the Android box
- If you still have trouble getting things up and running contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the adb logcat output of your Android device and the Android version of your device
- Open the ZipKey Dev Tool for on Andriod or iOS, login using your cirrent login and click the top right + button to find a nearby device.