For testing you'll need:
- Router: A ZipKey hotspot and a private network (configure your own here)
- Device: Your device with the CA installed and configured.
Before you start, you'll need valid credentials for your device. You can define your device type and your device id and secret in the Management Center.
Here is a summary of some of the use cases that you should test to make sure the INI functionality for the CA is working correctly.
Data is available in the Cirrent Cloud for the following data points:
- WiFi Download Traffic (Mbps)
- Signal Strength (dBm)
- Packet Error Rate
- WiFI Data Rate (Mbps)
- Generate a ‘Weak Signal Strength’ event by dropping the WiFI router signal strength (e.g. removing the router antennas, shielding the device)
- Generate a ‘Router Unresponsive’ event by unplugging the power from the router.
- Generate a ‘No Internet Connection’ event by unplugging the Ethernet backhaul cable from the WiFi router.