Your cloud is a key component in delivering the ZipKey onboarding experience. Your cloud takes care of:
- Verifying that your App is being used by a legitimate user (make sure they are logged in before you allow them to access any Cirrent services)
- Keeping track of which devices are associated with which users
- Issuing JWTs (JSON Web Tokens) to your App so that it is authorized to use the Cirrent cloud and can access the correct devices
You will issue three types of tokens over the lifecycle of the app:
- A search token that authorizes the app to search for nearby devices.
- A bind token that authorizes the app to claim a device (or set of devices). You need to keep track of which user has bound which devices, so that you can issue the right tokens.
- A manage token that authorizes the app to send private network credentials to the device.
See the article on Tokens for details on the token format.
You can also set up events that will be received by your cloud when there is a change in network connectivity on the device. This might be useful to proactively alert your user if their device is no longer able to connect to their private network, or for your support team to be able to troubleshoot more effectively. See the article on Events for more details.